Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We are all created Equal.

Dear Stranger,

You seemed to me to be ugly, grotesque, shallow, and cold. To me you were nothing, and for that I am truly sorry. I remember when I first met you at the stop light at the end of the road. My mother gathered her purse and poured change into my hand. She rolled down the window as I became frightened to make contact with you. Yet, you did not shudder at my ignorance. Instead you embraced me, as an equal and the least I could have done was the same. You told me, "God should bless me," for the change my mama gave to you, but the truth is stranger; God shall bless you, because you have already blessed me. I met you again, when you begged for more change. This time your Angel was my guardian. A woman who is so much better than I. A woman who offered you food from her own plate. Your grace, and your gratitude radiated from your eyes. I wept. I have changed. Now, we are friends. Dear, stranger, I hope I meet you soon, and this time I will save you. On my own. Alone. Proud and unmoved. I will save you, because you have saved me. We are equal in every way. May God bless you as you have blessed me.

With Love,

Nathan.

No comments: