Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dear Oprah

Dear Oprah,

You are wonderful. You make me feel as if I can do anything. You are so thrilling to me. Your story and your life has become my muse and filled me with purpose. The fact that you are where you are inspires me to just live my life, and that even I; I who am a nobody can become somebody magnificent. Oprah, I will admit that I was a little hurt when I discovered you would be leaving me, forever, but I have come to terms with this, and I am genuinely happy for you. I think I realize now why you are doing this. It is time for change. I have learned this lately, moving from recent adolescent studies to the more sophisticated world of college. In a weird way it's sort of thrilling all this..."change." Perhaps, you enjoy the thrill. Yet, also I realize that now I was just ready for change, and perhaps that is your case also. Either way Oprah, know that you have changed my life, and I think and will never forget you for it. You rock!

Love Always,

Nathan Rust.

No comments: