Monday, December 17, 2012

Number 3

3. 

Earlier this year, in the spring semester, I took a "Survey of Theatre" class, and it was my favorite class of that semester. I learned a lot about the aesthetic of Theatre, and met a lot of great people. It was a class split into four sections, which included: Lighting, Sound, Construction and Costumes. The final module: costumes, held our final which was essentially a fashion show. 

Our task? We were to build outfits (er, excuse me)/ costumes. Out of every day items that we found in  garbage cans, out on the street, in our rooms, our cars, other peoples' back-packs. It didn't matter. We were asked to find ordinary items, that were not fabric based and create costumes out of them. 




This is why I love Theatre, and Theatre people, their ability to create is astonishing. We had a blast putting together an intricate costume which I loved. The team I had was so much fun, and brought a lot great ideas to the table. We gathered cans and pine cones, leaves and wood, and made a character come to life. It was completely satisfying. 

^^This was not posed. Completely candid.
Ours is the last one on the right end. 


No comments: