Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 7

What is your dream job and why?


If I only knew computer, if I only knew.

I have wrestled with so many thoughts as to what I want to be when "grow-up". I don't think I've come to a solid conclusion, but it did bring me to an interesting idea. I was talking with my room mate the other night about what we would do if we just inherited 1,000,000,000,000 dollars, and his response was: "I don't think I could stop working. It would just be so foreign to me. I'll always need to work." To which I responded...

CACKLE.

Yes, I laughed at him, and I think I might have also given him a raised eyebrow, crazy-person look. Then, once I gathered my smart alic remarks. I turned to him and said: "No, trust me, once you've worked yourself to the bone, and have so much money and you don't HAVE to work another day in your life. You won't. Think of the things you could do. You could travel the world all your days, participate in philanthropy works, do things you would have never imagined you'd be doing. No, Kiko, you would not work. Anyone in their right mind, wouldn't."

Perhaps that's not exactly what I said, but you get the gist of it, and it made me think about work, and what work ethic has meant to me, and right now, all I'm dedicated to is finding a job I'll enjoy doing for the rest of my days. Something that will pay my student loans, but something that gives me the gratification of being alive. I want to mark the world, at least, in some way. It doesn't have to be huge.

Just something.

That's what I want my dream job to be.

Just something.

:)

No comments: