Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 3

Describe your relationship with your parents?


Hmm...My parents and I are very close now, and I'm constantly amazed now, at what they sacrificed when I was child, and I'm constantly amazed at what wonderful human beings they are even in their flaws.

My Mother: I hate calling my mother my "best friend," because I feel first and foremost she is my mother, but I do feel like she is at least, some sort of friend figure. She has taught me so many great lessons in life, and although I would never admit this. There have been many-a-times when my mother has given me advice that I just ignored, and it came back and bit me right in the...buttocks. I hate that she's always right, but I'm sure it took her time to get there, and the more I find that she is right...the more I find myself contemplating a little bit more whether to listen to her. My mother is strong, wise, loving, compassionate, and incredible woman.

My Father: I use to hate my father. I won't lie. I hated him. My mother said that we would fight so often when I was a teenager she was contemplating sending us to counseling. My dad and I are alike in many ways, but oh so different in many others. Now that I've "matured" I look back at how much he's accomplished and many things he's done for me, and I can truly, that I love him. He is one of the greatest men in my life, which I never, EVER thought I could write or say, or express in any way. He has been a provider, and a constant beam of support. Now, we're good. We're real good.

No comments: