Tuesday, October 30, 2012

To my Bestie

They say that people are brought into our lives, for a reason. That they are sent to teach us a lesson, guide our hearts, and heal our souls. I have seen this in my life, and I have seen that timing is everything. As I say good-bye to my best friend, I look at it as a tragic ending. Somewhat of a series finale to a great television show. Something like Will and Grace, MASH, Friends...etc. It's epic, but not in the good way. It's sad, but exciting. It's new and different. What will I do with my Monday nights at 7 now that this show is gone?

I don't know.

Although I am sad at his decision to leave me, I am forever grateful to what I have gained from our friendship together, and I am excited to know that although I am sure I will see him again. When we do meet, we will be different people, and rather than have to pick up from where we left off, we are able to start a new chapter to build a newer, fresh, and vibrant chain in our friendship.

I am numb.

I can't help but think that maybe I didn't say exactly what I wanted to say to him, in person. Perhaps, I didn't convey just how much I do care for him. This is where good-byes get a little tricky. How do I know what is enough? 

I don't. So here it is...my goodbye.

I love you, and I always will. I hope no one confuses this love with a romantic epiphany. My love comes from a brotherhood, perhaps even a motherhood. I love you with all of me, and hope you know that I wish for you worlds of happiness that keep you working towards positive aspirations in your life, and as long as you are happy. I can do the same. You have lifted me up, when I was down. You have made me smile, when I was sad, and we have survived the turmoils of cross roads that could have persuaded us to walk different paths when it was premature, and we didn't. We lasted longer than that, and I feel, personally. There was a reason. I don't think I'll ever know exactly what it is, but I know that it has changed my life, forever.


So, this is good-bye, for now.

But when we meet again, may we sit, and talk for hours, laugh for moments that exceed our lives, and live life to the fullest of it's extent.

Adieu. 

No comments: