Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rapper Rhythms in my Mind

Rapper Rhythms in my Mind
By: Nathan Rust

Okay.
      Okay.
He says, it will all be, okay.

Not that I'll change
or grow
or find something
new.

Not that I'll live
and run--or
speak to you.

Anyways.

It will all be okay.

People don't change
or die
or leave.

Like you do.

Please.

Not right now,
not today,
nothing--
of this sort
will be "okay".

Save,
your positive pleas
for someone who,
locked up their emotions
in a tomb--

Today.

I will cry.
I will scream.
I will run.

Today.

I will not be okay
with being okay,
because learning to
love,
means learning to hurt
and showing that hurt
means I can love
again.

When you come back.
Then--
I'll be okay,
but for now...

I'll hate seeing you
escape
my doorway.
When I watch you walk
away.

I'll imagine who we use to be
then I'll be ok.

No comments: