Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A letter-poem I wrote (first draft)

To the man who says I don't understand:

I do not claim to be entitled, and I certainly do not disregard your heartache.

You have been broken.
I am not here to put you back together.

Rather, I am here...
to throw away the broken pieces
and create new ones.

I have been bitter. Rude. Naive.
Insensitive and unkind.

I am sorry.

I was also broken.
You put me back together.
I don't remember when
I gave you that permission?

Sir, you are amazing
and I have been blind.
To what I truly feel.

I love you.

Whatever love means,
I feel that for you.
I must, because no matter how
hard I try
to bury it back deep in my soul
or dispose of it into the world
it returns,
to my heart.

Stronger.
Every time.

Don't let me frighten you,
especially if you don't understand,
because I'm just as perplexed
confused
and frightened as you.

In your eyes, I see your past,
as it navigates your future.
I don't ask for rings.
I don't ask for flowers.

What I simply want for us.
No.
For you, is to be happy
and the truth will be in
your eyes, sir.

I know more than you think.
But less than you know.
It is not my life to steer.
It is not my path to sow.

Do not love me in return
and my silence shall be shown.
To all I've said and done
I bring in peace.

Forget me my love.
For I fear, I have come
too late.

Sincerely,
Confusion



No comments: