Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Gods Love...Nubia?

I think the most amazing aspect of life is that we have been 
blessed with amazing minds and spirits, and although they 
may fail us, or rather, we fail ourselves. There is still time 
for improvement. Through love and peserverence we can 
accomplish what seems to be the most impossible.

God loves me, and he loves you too. 

With that said I put this as my Facebook status recently:

"Excuse me sir; you can call me names, and give me dirty looks.

You can spread your rumors: your lies, but trust me, it won't hurt. 

You can use words that smell of hate, and believe you can curse, 

but sir understand this. I am me, and that excels any horrid bologna dispersed from

the jaw of your mouth. Thank you. Good bye. For-ever."

Honestly, I had no idea where this came from. I wrote in response to a fellow 

co-worker who blamed me for his mistake. The response I got to this post 

though is what made me realize that it was much more than just my way of 

"venting," but it was a statement. A true statement, and it makes me so proud 

of my friends who support equality and acceptance. The truth is: we are different

and that is what makes us beautiful. 

 

So, this is to my friends (and some strangers) whom I love, a respect, more now

 than ever. Thank you for your undying acceptance (in all my flaws and differences).

This is also to to the world: love is love, trials are trials, mistakes are mistakes; and 

we all possess these three unpredictable mishaps.  So, whether we are common, 

or whether we are crazy is up to you to decide. All I know for certain is that 

to me they are the same. :) 


Ciao!

 

No comments: