Friday, January 25, 2013

What Am I Doing With My Life?

I have no idea.

I feel trapped, upon a boat set sail to nowhere. Perhaps that's too cliche.
I feel abandoned in a desert on the hottest, most scorching day of the year, parched and ready to die.

No. Still cliche.

I feel trapped feet above molten lava, and the only way I can save myself is to jump down from my bed.
It seems simple enough to envision, doesn't it? I just have to jump onto the carpet, but even a leap onto the solid ground which I recognize I've wandered on for years upon years, I'm still so confused.

What if I die? What if I trip and fall? What if I happen to succeed? Or try something new?

These are all things I was never afraid of, and maybe I'm still not afraid of them, but I find that there are moments when I feel so completely mesmerized by how much I've accomplished, I sit and think...

I've gone nowhere. I've done nothing.

Who am I?

That resounding questions seems to beckon near my ear constantly, lately. Along with what am I doing, and where am I going? I'm never really sure, and my uncertainty seems to waiver like a night wind blowing the lethal smog, nowhere.

I feel completely and utterly lost.

So, I extend my great confusion to you, and ask for your hand off of my ledge from a bed, high above a smoldering non-existent batch of lava: how do I find myself?

No comments: